|Masks are currently optional and highly recommended at the Children’s Museum and MuseumLab for visitors 2+ as Allegheny County is at a COVID risk level of Low. We recommend visitors wear a mask in consideration of young children who are not yet vaccinated and visitors who are immunocompromised or otherwise at high risk. We will continue to limit capacity in the Museum. Masks are available upon request.
PLEASE COMPLETELY REVIEW ALL INFORMATION. SOME INFORMATION HAS CHANGED.
If visiting for the first time, it is recommended that groups plan at least 1.5 to 2 hours to fully enjoy the museum.
Requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance
Be aware that if you visit Waterplay children will get wet
AGES: The museum is geared to younger children ages 10 and below.
Max group size is 30.
Due to capacity limits, TFK will only be permitted a max of 30 tickets per day. Please provide an alternate date in your ticket request.
If you are requesting for a group of 20 or more, please list in the notes section if you plan to eat on site and will bring your own bag lunches or you plan to visit the cafe.
Water fountains will not be operating in the museum. Water bottle fillers will be available.
Ticket requests are currently only being accepted for visits between
June 1 - September 1.
MUSEUM HOURS AND DAYS OF OPERATION:
• Mon - Fri: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Closed: Independence Day (July 4),
Dates no longer available or remaining tickets available:
* August 3
• August 12
• August 16
• August 13 - 21 tickets available
• August 28 - 25 tickets available
**Additional tickets may be available for any date IF your group plans to arrive after 1 PM.**
1. PARKING not included. See “Visit Us” page of the Museum website for parking information.
2. SUPERVISIONof children under the age of 18 is required by an adult age 18 or over. Be sure you have enough chaperones to properly supervise the children you will bring. A ratio of 1:5 is strongly recommended.
3. NO FOOD OR DRINKS other than water and baby formula are permitted within exhibit spaces; food and drinks are permitted in the Big Red Room Café and group lunch room.
4. NO WEAPONS of any kind are permitted throughout the building.
5. CLOTHING: All guests must wear proper attire, including tops, bottoms and shoes, appropriate for a family facility.
Children's Museum of Pittsburgh is committed to providing exhibits, programs and public spaces that are inclusive and interactive for all visitors. For more information go to https://pittsburghkids.org/visit/accessibility
Following these guidelines will ensure that your we maintain our great relationship with the museum and that you and your kids have an awesome experience while there!