|Tickets for Kids does not and cannot vouch for safety from risk to exposure to COVID-19, or any other environmental risks, at this or any other venue. It is the responsibility of the individual requesting tickets, and all chaperones, to understand the venue’s safety protocols, decide the level of risk and willingness to attend, and ensure adherence to safety protocols by the attendees. It is also the responsibility of the individual requesting tickets, and all chaperones to monitor the status of the event/venue to make sure the venue has not been recently closed and the event is still taking place at the time of the trip.
***REQUESTS MUST BE PLACED AT LEAST 14 DAYS IN ADVANCE. NO EXCEPTIONS.***
YOU MUST ACKNOWLEDGE IN THE NOTES SECTION OF YOUR REQUEST THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THESE NEW REQUIREMENTS:
• Only unguided tours are currently available.
• Larger groups may attend, but groups must travel throughout the Museum in sub-groups of 10 or less.
• There is a mandated ratio of 1:5 (one adult for every five children).
• Upon arrival groups are required to break into sub-groups of 10 or less. These groups will exit their arrival vehicle(s) and enter the building through the rear entrance attached to the parking lot in a staggered fashion to avoid build up in the lobby (if arriving on foot, you may enter the main lobby). Once inside, these subgroups must stick together and respect a 6+ foot distance from other patrons.
• There is now timed ticketing. Groups must arrive at their designated time to gain entry.
• Groups must maintain a safe distance from others.
• Groups must keep their hands clean. They should plan to wash their hands often, and make good use of the many hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the museum spaces.
• The head chaperone for the group will be responsible for making sure that all chaperones and attendees adhere to the COVID-19 Safety guidelines. More information can be found here: https://carnegiemuseums.org/welcome-back/ . Please share this information with the head chaperone.
***There is no longer a maximum group size, but groups must travel throughout the Musuem in groups of 10 or less.***
The Carnegie Museum of Art and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History are two of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh. The Museum of Art features works of fine art, decorative art, architecture, and photography, in addition to special exhibits. The Museum of Natural History contains numerous displays of dinosaurs, animals, and diverse human civilizations.
• Monday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
• Tuesday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Wednesday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Thursday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
• Friday-Sunday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
TFK free admissions do not include special exhibitions, only the standard museum halls, exhibitions, and gallery spaces open to the public (e.g. Discovery Room, Bone hunters quarry or Earth Theater, or regularly-scheduled weekend activities like ArtVentures).
Groups that wish to visit special exhibitions must pay an additional fee (anywhere from $3-5) for each person.
* The museum welcomes all visitors and works to assist visitors with disabilities in obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, and in supporting equal access to our websites, services, programs, and activities.
* Please list any specific needs in the notes of your requests.
* For additional information visit: https://carnegiemnh.org/visitor/about/accessibility/
PARKING: Agency is responsible for parking fees. Please see museum website for parking information.***